Thursday 27 November 2014

Gingerspice !

Happy Thursday dear Crafters, I'm a little late with my regular Thursday posting, we had a plumber here at the 'crack of dawn' to fix a problem with our heating/hot water system so the house was in uproar first thing !  A new part was needed in the heating pump, all fixed now so we should be cosy and warm once again thank goodness.

Now, on to the business of the day !  This week's challenge over on the Cute Card Thursday Blog has the theme 'Gingerspice' and our prize sponsor is Sunflower Field.

Here's my DT card for the challenge

My interpretation of the theme was to use ginger/orange colours for my card.  Once again I've been playing with my yummy Glizcraft Glitter Pastes, this time applied through a PaperArtsy JOFY stencil - I love these poppy seed heads.  I mixed a couple of colours of green for the stems and green, red and gold to achieve the bronze/ginger colour on the seed heads.  Now you may think me a little strange, but once I'd applied the paste through the stencil, the first thing that sprang to mind was "We three Kings" - are you still with me ?  Can YOU see the three crowns ?  Oh well, I'm happy in my little world anyway Ha Ha !

I'm not sure who the sentiment is manufactured by, it was loose in my box of Christmas stamps.  I stamped it using Rich Cocoa Memento ink.

This panel was then layered over the gorgeous orange mirri board and attached to a scalloped edge 6 x 6 base card.

Do pop over to the CCT blog to check out the fabulous creations from the rest of the DT if you get the chance.  Thanks for visiting here today, I hope you enjoyed seeing my latest project.

Have a great day



Edited :  Apologies if anyone dropped by a short while ago, my computer had a 'wobbly' and published my half-finished posting Ooopsie !

4 comments:

Kathyk said...

Oops .... not seeing the make missue .... must the shock of the heating packing up!!! Will pop back later

Kathyk

Kathyk said...

Just looked on the CCT blog and it's faberoony Wynneth

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

That is SO pretty Wynneth and I DO see the Three Kings train of thought. Clever...

Glad to hear you got your heating sorted and I'm hoping you're all nice and toasty again now. Lx

Debs M said...

Great take on the theme! Love the stencil and the sparkly! x