Thursday 20 November 2014

Stars

Good morning Folks, apologies for being a little late with my regular Thursday posting.  This week's challenge theme over on the Cute Card Thursday Blog is 'Stars' and our prize sponsor is Whimsy Stamps.

Here's my DT card for this week


Since my visit to the NEC Hobbycraft show I've been playing with the Glitzcraft Glitter Frosting Paste and stencils I bought there.  I'm loving the sparkly texture I get with this paste and it's great that it dries so quickly and I don't have to wait a long time before I can continue with my project.

Here's a close up shot showing the texture and the glittery finish a little more clearly

 
I used light gold and black glitter frosting paste applied through the 'Profile' stencil.  I applied the gold over the 'hair' first then added touches of the black - one of the great things about this paste is the ability to mix colours by adding one or more coats of a different colour.  As the paste dries so quickly it's easy to achieve the shaded effects.
 
The hanging hearts were cut using a Memory Box die set and the words were cut using a Spellbinders die.
 
That's it, a quick and simple design but I think the use of gold and black cardstock to layer up the main image makes the card elegant and classic looking.
 
Thanks for dropping by to see today's project, I hope you have a wonderful day.




4 comments:

Annie said...

Fabulously sparkly Wynneth! hope you are keeping well, as you can be. I will try and call you soon .. ..
hugs, annie x

Kathyk said...

I saw the bare bones of this card "in the flesh" and it looked pretty lush then - love what you did to finish it off missus!

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

It's beautiful. The glitter frosting paste is GORGEOUS and your image is perfect for it. LOVE IT!!! Lx

Sarn said...

This card is really lovely and glitzy. xxx