Tuesday 23 December 2014

Not a Christmas Card !

Happy Christmas Eve eve my friends, I hope you're almost ready for the Big Day.  I'm just about done, will be cooking my ham and making soup later today and this evening I have lovely pals coming round for a little crafting and relaxing.

I thought you might be a bit sick of seeing Christmas cards, so today I'm sharing a birthday card I made for my nephew who celebrates his birthday very close to Christmas.



I created a background using Brusho paints then overstamped using stamps by Ryn.  After stamping I added small highlights using a white gel pen then Glossy Accents over each droplet.

Here's a close up shot



Using a Sizzix die I cut out the man with brolly from black cardstock and attached over the background, then added this layer over a slightly larger piece of black cardstock.  Finally attaching it to the left of centre on the base card, leaving room to stamp the sentiment down the right hand side.

I added the sentiment using a set of PaperArtsy JOFY stamps - this set of words is so versatile, great for many different occasions depending on which ones you use.

Thanks for taking the time to visit today, I hope you have a great day whatever you have planned.

3 comments:

Kathyk said...

Lovely card for a young teen, splendid use of those brushos for a grungey effect too

Seasons Greetings to you and your family

Kathyk

Patricia said...

Fantastic card, loving the stunning background.
The whole design is wonderful.
A Bery Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Hugs

Patricia x

Sarn said...

Love that Brusho background with that fab die. Brilliant. xxx