Sunday 10 May 2015

A Challenge entry ? Me ? I Must be feeling better then !

Yes, you did read the heading correctly, I've been crafting again and have an entry for this month's Lavinia Stamps challenge - how amazing is that after my loooong crafting drought ? 

The theme for their May Challenge is 'Blue or Pink or Both'.  I opted to use both colours in different shades.

Without further delay, here it is


and a close up shot showing the sparkle on the dragonfly more clearly.

 
 
I created the background using the Bleeding Art Tissue (BAT) technique again - I'm having loads of fun with this tissue (I got mine in a pack from Amazon in case any of you are wondering).  For this background I used Crafters Companion watercolour card, I prefer the way the tissue works on watercolour card as opposed to smooth card (see below for the other version which shows the different effect achieved on smooth card).  I have yet to try it on glossy card... watch this space.  Using a circle punch to cut out the BAT shapes, which works OK but dies work well too.
 
The Lavinia images were stamped over the background using black archival ink once the background was completely dry.  I then used Paper Artsy 'Snowflake' acrylic chalk paint to fill in parts of the stamped images, this covered up the BAT colours underneath and made the images 'pop'.  I used Lavinia glitter to add sparkle to the dragonfly image, it's very sparkly IRL.
 
Finally I layered the panel over a piece of pink cardstock before adding it to a 6 x 6 card.
 
 
So, on to the different effect using the BAT technique on smooth card which can be seen in this next pic


A similar layout and design as the first one but not identical.  Again I used the chalk paint on parts of the image and the glitter on the dragonfly image.

and a close up shot

I'd be very interested to hear which of the versions you like best.  I like them both but think I prefer the one on the watercolour card as the colours look more vibrant, despite using the same BAT colours on both.

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit here today, I hope you enjoyed your visit and today's projects.  Hoping you are having a wonderful Sunday and that the sun is shining on you.  I awoke this morning to see a heavy sea mist which seems to be hanging around, I was hoping the sun would burn it off before lunchtime, but that just doesn't appear to be happening.  We have a chilly wind too brrrr..... !

I'll be back with more creations soon......

12 comments:

Kathyk said...

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEELIGHTFUL make from you today and those Lavinia's look fab with it. You would know that I would approve of your colour choice too.

S'funny, I'm playing with B.A.T. right now too - but my colour scheme is orange this morning!

Kathyk

Debs M said...

wow these are gorgeous - I cannot pick between them they are both fabulous!! x

Unknown said...

They are both absolutely gorgeous but my preference if I had to choose would be the second one. So glad your crafting Mojo is returning x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Good to see you're back in the game Your Silver Streakiness :oD What a fab make. Beautiful sentiment too.

Yeeeeehawwwww! :oD

Lx

Clare Lloyd said...

gorgeous background and sparkle. x

Alexeya said...

Fabulous!!

catherine said...

Fabulous Wynneth. Love the colours and the added bling
x catherine

Mindful craft said...

Loving these gorgeous creations Wynneth
hard to pick a favourite
Thank you for entering the Lavinia Stamps challenge
Good Luck
Karen (DT)
Good to see you back, hope you are keeping well and Dad?...Do give him my best wishes, Hugs xxx

Unknown said...

This is fabulous Wynneth..... Love how the background compliments the design..... Thank you for entering the Lavinia Challenge and Good Luck ...... Marianne DT xxx

Wendy said...

So pretty! Love your bleeding tissue creations! Thank you for sharing with us at Lavinia Stamps, good luck! Wendy (DT) xx

Barbara said...

Two fabulous cards, Wynneth.....love the BAT technique, and I have to say the Zen butterfly is still my most favourite Lavinia stamp....I use it sooooooooo much. Thanks for joining in the May challenge, ggod luck in the draw.
Barbara xx

Unknown said...

Great cards - love the backgrounds, AND you've used sparkle too!! got to be good!
Many thanks for joining the Lavinia Stamps challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)