Sunday 19 July 2015

Fighting a Desire to Bake !

Do you ever wake up with a strong desire to create something, maybe dream about it too ?  Well I often dream about a design for a card, a sewing project or some knitting, but the other night I dreamed of baking something.  Woke up and the urge to get baking was even stronger.

Both the Hubs and I are trying hard to shed a few extra pounds of weight, so fresh baked cakes and pastries are a bit of a 'no no' right now.  So I thought I'd try to distract myself a bit to take my mind off it.

I decided to eat a healthy breakfast as I had lots of luscious fruit begging to be eaten - great start !


Sadly this delish start to the day still didn't stop me wanting to turn on the oven and bake something naughty So...
I thought that a meringue wouldn't be as bad for the hips as a cake and made into a Pavlova it would use up more of the fruit left over from breakfast (I'm sure the whipped cream had negligible calories ) - it was truly scrumptious !

However.... I just couldn't shake the urge to actually BAKE and the oven was still warm, so I just had to turn up the heat a little and make a lemon drizzle cake


We did manage to resist eating it that day and it improved with 'age' .  We did polish off the Pavlova though - well all that fruit and egg whites it's got to be good for you hasn't it ?   Answers on a postcard please Ha Ha ! 

That's it from me today folks, have a great day... let me know if my post makes you want to get baking too !

Bye for now, til next time.

2 comments:

Kathyk said...

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - looks like it should taste DIVINE too missus

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

Slurpy slurp. Looks fabulous....and I was SO impressed with the breakfast bowl of fruit too ;oD Still, they do say a little bit of what you fancy does you good so..... I hope you saved me a piece :oD