Wednesday 25 November 2015

It's Been a While !

I just realised how long it's been since my last post on here, apologies and thank you for continuing to visit my Blog. 

Life has been very hectic over the past few weeks, some good and some bad stuff going on. We returned from a lovely vacation only to find that our central heating boiler wouldn't work, no heating or hot water was a bit of a shock to the system after experiencing the lovely warm Florida weather, especially when the temperatures plummeted last weekend.  Happy to report that the boiler is now fixed - although it did take 9 days for the repairs to be carried out.

Well, enough of my woes, I have a new project to share with you at last.  Whilst I have made quite a lot of Christmas cards already for this year, I do still need to make a few more.  Today's project is one of the cards I made since arriving home.


I vowed not to add any more stamps to my vast Christmas stamps collection, but when I spotted the set of Inkadinkado stamps containing this gorgeous wreath, I just had to have it.  In fact I've used all four of the stamps in the set and I love them all, so I'm mighty pleased that I weakened and did buy it.

The wreath image was stamped onto a piece of heavy weight watercolour paper using Versafine black ink.  I then used my Ranger Distress Ink pens to colour the image.  After colouring the wreath I used a gold Wink of Stella pen to colour the frame and applied clear WoS to the uncoloured areas.  The whole thing sparkles like mad in bright light, but it's not easy to capture in a photograph.  I am pleased at how 3D it looks after colouring.

Finally I cut out the image taking care to cut around the leaves overlapping the frame, and then attached it to a C6 base card. The sentiment was added using a stamp from the SU! Sassy Salutations set.

I hope you like my latest project, thanks for visiting.

5 comments:

Debs M said...

great colouring, fabby card x

Kathyk said...

You made me rethink that image (since I have the same set) and you've done a fabulous job with it ... still loving that sentiment set too

See you tomorrow matey

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

A beautiful card. I can quite see why you HAD to have that stamp Wynneth. Well worth your pennies in my opinion. Glad to hear you got your heating sorted. Lx

lilian said...

Great card Wynneth. I love the font on the card
Lilian

Marika said...

Beautiful wreath! Very festive.