Friday 13 May 2016

Cheeky Chimp Charlie

The project I'm sharing today is the birthday card I made recently for my youngest grandson.  I love this image and thought it would make him smile when he saw his card.



A while back I received some freebie papers in a magazine and this cheeky chimp was on one of the sheets, the blue stars background was part of another page.  I cut the chimp image out and layered it onto some SU! card and attached all to the background.  

The arrow was another freebie, this time a digital image that I'd had in my stash for a long time, I cut this out and added it between the image layer and dark blue layer.

The sentiment background was created using a piece of the edging around the image and I stamped the words onto it using one of the stamps from the SU! Sassy Salutations set before layering it up on more of the dark blue card.

The final touch was adding a little pale blue stickles around the edge of the background and Glossy Accents over the lenses of the chimp's sunglasses.

Don't you think he's a really cutie ?  

Thanks for dropping by to check on today's project.  


4 comments:

Andrea, said...

Fab card Wynneth, that is such a great image

Kathyk said...

FAB card, simply loving the purple arrow mate

Happy Friday

Kathyk

Unknown said...

This is fantastic and would be ideal for my youngest son who we still call monkey LOL even though he's 25!

Lauren Hatwell said...

Fantastic! SO funny. Charlie will love it; I'm sure. Lx